I offer mobile massage treatments from 12 weeks of pregnancy, once you have had your first scan, where I use Aromatherapy essential oils to enhance the benefits of the massage which are safe for both you and your baby. These oils offer a huge benefit during pregnancy especially if you are suffering from sciatica, cramps, aches and pains and also stretch pains.
Pregnancy is a wonderful time for a woman, but also a time of many physical changes due to the extra weight from the baby which puts pressure on the joints, organs and also ligaments which often causes discomfort and pain.
Not only can pregnancy massage be physically beneficial, but the human touch can be very comforting and provides emotional support during your pregnancy and helps prepare you for giving birth. Having a pregnancy massage has been found to help reduce both anxiety and depression.
Receiving a regular massage during pregnancy is a great way to nurture your body and become aware of the growing baby within. This also helps you to relax during labor which quite often results in shorter and easier births, have less pain and has a much lower rate of postnatal complications.
The benefits of pregnancy massage:-
- Induces deep relaxation and better sleep - when you are relaxed you will find that your sleep improves.
- Helps reduce emotional stress, anxiety and creates a state of better well-being - Having fluctuating hormone levels and broken sleep can cause our stress levels to rise. Regular massage offers you the chance to relax and rejuvenate and time to enjoy your pregnancy.
- Eases discomfort that is associated with pregnancy - Massage can help with sore backs, sciatica, cramp etc.,
- Stimulate the circulation - This will help distribute essential nutrients and fluid to the vital organs especially the placenta.
- Reduces swelling - Massage helps to ease oedema in the legs, feet, hands and also the wrists and helps to avoid varicose veins from developing.